Dylan O’brien heads out for lunch with some family members in SoHo, New York - September 16th
"25 things i wish i realized while i was still in highschool"
- That zit on your cheek literally does not matter
- Skipping class one time will not ruin your entire life
- The boy you’re trying so hard to impress will mean nothing to you in a year
- Bring coffee to school and ignore people who make fun of it
- Bring a snack, too. Don’t care if people hear you eating in class.
- Being popular isn’t and will never be something that seriously defines who you are
- Appreciate your teachers
- Doing/not doing drugs doesn’t make you cooler than anyone else.
- Neither does drinking
- Talk to the kid sitting alone; even though it may not change your life it could drastically change theirs
- Participate in school events
- Wear sweatpants everyday
- Or wear a dress everyday
- Wear whatever makes you comfortable
- Nobody will laugh at you if you sit alone at your lunch table for five minutes
- Utilize the library
- Don’t wait 20 minutes to text someone back just to seem cool
- Tell your friends how much you love them
- Cherish your free textbooks… seriously
- Help confused freshmen, be nice to them. Remember how much you would have appreciated it a couple years ago
- Compliment the other girls in the bathroom
- That fight you had with your mom really isn’t that big of a deal
- It’s okay to cry
- Don’t let your desire for a romantic relationship stop you from forming platonic relationships
- Remember that life does go on
Oh, Eric and Caleb would have a bromance.
Dylan O’Brien at The Maze Runner screening in Toronto
For me, being able to be vulnerable is difficult, but it’s just something that I feel comfortable doing. I need to fully understand why, the thought-process behind the character and I have to believe it. That comes from a lot of preparation.